Couch to 5K: October 2019
NOTE – limited places max 24
Start Date : Tuesday 15th October 2019
Graduation : 9 weeks after start date – Saturday 14th December at Lakeside Parkrun (5K).
Cost : £10 (see below)
Age : minimum 18, no maximum!
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 6.45 for 7.00pm start, at Lakeside 1000 reception.
This is the Portsmouth Joggers Club C25K. It is a 9 week programme designed to take you from novice runner to 30 minutes continuous running (and completing a 5km run). The graduation event is the free to enter Lakeside parkrun, (free registration with parkrun.org.uk required for a registered 5km time) and all graduates receive a medal from the club.
How to Register : please e-mail us at email@example.com
What standard do I need to be? Any, some of our previous graduates couldn’t run for even a full minute when they started.
I can already run 5K or more: then you will probably find one of our regular groups more suitable, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where do You Meet : We meet at Lakeside 1000 main reception, at 6.45 for a 7.00 pm start. Click here for directions and car parking details.
The benefits of Joining the Portsmouth Joggers Couch to 5K programme.
- Dedicated and qualified (CiRF*) group leader.
- Additional support from experienced runners from within the club
- Mutual support from all other members of this C25K group
- Dedicated facebook group so you can share your running adventures, organise extra runs (if you want) with other group members, and just stay in touch with the rest of the group
- Its great fun! Take a look at the photos, all from the last graduation events.
- Follow up after graduation, where you can move into an appropriate running/walking group within PJC.
- Reduced membership if you want to join Portsmouth Joggers Club after you graduate.
More about Portsmouth Joggers Club.
- Club nights Tuesday and Thursday, plus Saturday and Sunday runs
- 7 different groups on club nights, to cater for all abilities
- Social and fun events, held throughout the year.
- Plenty of our members just love to run, and enjoy the fact that they can run with friends 2 or 3 times a week.
- If you want to enter some races, then there are league races (HRRL) on road and cross country (Southern Cross Country League) throughout the year – open to all
- plenty of other races and events which club members enter
- most of our group leaders are LiRF* qualified, and plenty of advice and help available to you on all things running!
* CiRF : Coach in Running Fitness, through England Athletics.