Couch to 5K June 2017.
NOTE – limited places max 24
Start Date : Tuesday 27th June 2017
Graduation : 9 weeks after start date. Saturday 26th August 2017
Lakeside Parkrun (5K).
Cost : £10 (see below)
Age : minimum 18, no maximum!
This is Portsmouth Joggers Club C25K. It is a 9 week programme designed to take you from novice runner to 30 minutes continuous running (and completing a 5km run). The graduation event is the free to enter Lakeside parkrun, (free registration with parkrun.org.uk required for a registered 5km time) and all graduates receive a medal from the club.
How to Register : please e-mail us at email@example.com with Subject title PJC – C25K.
What standard do I need to be? Any, some of our previous graduates couldn’t run for even a full minute when they started.
I can already run 5K or more: then you will probably find one of our regular groups more suitable, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where do You Meet : We meet at Lakeside 1000 main reception, at 6.45 for a 7.00 pm start. Click here for directions and car parking details.
The benefits of Joining the Portsmouth Joggers Couch to 5K programme.
- Dedicated group leaders (TBA)
- Additional support from experienced runners from within the club
- Mutual support from all other members of this C25K group
- Dedicated facebook group so you can share your running adventures, and stay in touch with the rest of the group
- Its great fun! Take a look at the photos, all from the last graduation events.
- Advice (week 2) from Alexandra Sports on trainers and kit
- Reduced membership if you want to join Portsmouth Joggers Club after you graduate.
More about Portsmouth Joggers Club.
- Club nights Tuesday and Thursday, plus Saturday and Sunday runs
- 7 different groups on club nights, to cater for all abilities
- Social and fun events, held throughout the year.
- Plenty of our members just love to run, and enjoy the fact that they can run with friends 2 or 3 times a week.
- If you want to enter some races, then there are league races (HRRL) on road and cross country (Southern Cross Country League) throughout the year – open to all
- plenty of other races and events which club members enter
- many of our group leaders are LiRF* qualified, and plenty of advice and help available to you on all things running!
* LiRF : Leadership in Running Fitness, through England Athletics.