Membership for the Portsmouth Joggers Club is £12 per year, and the year runs from April to March. If you join part way through a year, the fee is pro-rata. You are welcome to come and run with the Joggers a couple of times before joining. If you are new to the club then see our welcome page and download our welcome pack.
Davina is our membership secretary, she is usually at the club on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and will help you with any membership queries, or you can contact her by email at email@example.com
You can download a membership form, and give the completed form and payment to Davina or pick up a membership form at the club on a Tuesday or Thursday evening.
The club is affiliated with both England Athletics (UKA) and the Association of Running Clubs (ARC). For England Athletics there is a yearly fee of £14 for 2017/18, for individuals to become affiliated, membership runs April to April. The club does not require you to be affiliated and if you are not participating in races and are not interesting in becoming a running coach then there is probably little benefit in you becoming affiliated. On the other hand being affiliated gets you £2 off entry to any UKA affiliated race (so 7 races and you have got your money back). It also gives the following benefits:
- Personal profile page on the Power of 10 national rankings website
- Reduced entry fees for UKA licensed road and multi-terrain events (minimum £2)
- Discounted products at Sweatshop such as £15 off Running Shoes, 20% off Spikes and Racing Shoes, 15% off Spring/Summer Apparel, 20% off Autumn/Winter Apparel, £15 off Cross Country/Trail Shoes. Spend over £75 on Autumn/Winter apparel (incl High Viz) and get £20 off Running Shoes and much more.
- Discounts on Athletics Weekly magazine, save £6 per year on a Junior Subscription or £12 per year on a senior subscription.
- 10% off athletics equipment from Eveque and Sunwise sunglasses
- You will be entitled to discounts on coaching courses including Athletics Leader, Assistant Coach, Athletics Coach, Children’s Coach and Coach in Running Fitness qualifications