Dear Portsmouth Joggers Club members,
I hope this email finds you well.
My name is Hannah Cassidy and I am currently completing a Masters in Physiotherapy at the University of Southampton. I have contacted your club to ask if you (its members) would be willing to take part in my MSc research project.
What is the study?
As part of my Masters project, and in collaboration with The Centre for Sport, Exercise and Osteoarthritis (Versus Arthritis), I am conducting a survey study to understand the frequency and impact of foot and ankle pain and osteoarthritis in track, field and running athletes within the Hampshire area. As part of this, I also wish to determine the response rate to the questionnaire.
Why have I been asked to participate?
The study is interested in the sporting history of individuals in the Hampshire area who are:
- Training and competing in athletic events
- Training but not competing in athletic events
- Retired from competing
- Retired from training and competing
What is required from you?
Participation involves completing an online survey, via MicrosoftForms (here).
The survey includes questions on:
- General health
- Sporting history
- Injuries to the foot and ankle
The survey is expected to take approximately 20 minutes.
What age must I be to participate?
Above 18 years old.
What athletic events are eligible to participate?
- Sprints (100, 200 and 400m)
- Relays (4 x 100m and 4 x 400m)
- Middle distance runs (800 and 1500m)
- Long distance runs (3000 – 10,000 m) including steeplechase (3000m)
- Hurdles (100, 110 and 400m)
- Jumps (high, long, triple and pole vault)
- Throws (discuss, shot put, javelin and hammer throw)
- Road running (half marathon and full marathon).
Please note this list is not exhaustive and as such you may self-identify what event(s) you have or currently compete in if this is not listed above.
Who has access to my responses?
Any information you share will be kept completely confidential and in no cases will individuals be identified from their responses.
Is there more information available?
Yes. More information can be found via the Participant Information Sheet (here).
If you wish to participate in the study, please click on the link here to complete the questionnaire.
Copy and paste the link below.
If you have any further questions at all, please directly contact (email@example.com).
Thank you in advance for your time and support.
MSc Physiotherapy Year 2